We use Stevia as a part of some of the compositions of tea, which gives a little infusion of sweet taste, as well as for the preparation of syrup, which is then used as the sugar to prepare various dishes, and sweetening beverages.
Health Benefits of Stevia Leaves
Despite this level of sweetness, it has little effect on blood glucose levels, so it can be used to sweeten tea, coffee and yogurt for people suffering from diabetes. *
In Japan and some other Asian countries, it is used in traditional medicine; more information can be found on Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia
In turn, the FDA says that it is necessary to conduct more research before talking about its miraculous properties.
* Before use, check with your doctor.
How to Brew the Leaves of Stevia
If you use a few leaves, you will get a clear sweet infusion with a long sweet aftertaste and slightly menthol flavor.
- Water temperature: 100 degrees Celsius.
- Housewares: teapot or mug.
- Number of brewing: 2-3.
- Amount of tea and volume of teapot: 2-4 leaves per 250 - 300 ml.
- Place the tea leaves into the teapot and pour water into it
- The first filling lasts a few seconds and the water must be drained, thus this washes the tea leaves.
- Pour water into teapot again
- Leave the mixture for at least 2-5 minutes
- Drain the water out from teapot and your tea is ready to serve
Combines well with: Oolong Tea, Black Tea, Pu-Erh Tea, Flower Tea, Herbs, Fruit Tea or Green Tea.
We hope you’ll enjoy it. Tea Village Team!