According to a Chinese legend about a beautiful girl-gatherer quickly stuffed her basket full of buds, and did not to come back for the empties, so she put the lucked buds into her bosom. Under its heat the green tea leaves soon began to exude a strong odor.
A Chinese emperor Kangxi christened it with the name “Emerald Spiral Spring” after the first taste of this drink.
About "Emerald Spiral Spring"
Tea is collected once a year. Every spring, thousands of women with wicker baskets behind them go in search of the not yet bloomed tea buds. This variety of tea does not consist of its composition of mature leaves and twigs, so the process of collecting a sufficient amount of the buds is long and laborious.
Tea buds are dried for 1-2 days under trees, and then pressed into cotton sheets. Dried leaves are rolled by hand, until the buds get into the desired spiral shape. The important difference between Bilochun tea -isthe presence of small villi that looks like a feather cape covering the buds.
In the last step before filling "Emerald Spiral" is finally dried, but not in direct sunlight, but instead is dried in the shade outdoors.
Tea plantations around Dongting Bilochun are fruit and citrus orchards that during flowering saturate the area with its rich aroma of the young sprouts. Even dry tea exudes an exquisite sweetish notes favorably, emphasizing the classic sound of green tea. It resembles a fresh breath of spring flower that gently warms and at the same time charges the air with the waves of positive and vital energy.
In the process of brewing this drink, it instantly turns a soft yellow color with a slight greenish tint. The multifaceted fragrance is fresh and shimmering light, with deep and rich notes.
Health Benefits of Bilochun Tea
Daily consumption of tea Bilochun tea has a beneficial impact on the human body, namely:
- Removes toxins and normalizes metabolic processes;
- Calms the nervous system and helps to move stressful situations;
- Strengthens bone tissue;
- Enhances immunity;
- Has a rejuvenating effect.
How to Prepare Bilochun
The process of brewing Bilochun tea – This is an interesting and creative occupation, for you can watch without taking your eyes off the brewing. In order to get a cup of delicious tea, follow these simple rules:
- Before preparing a flavored beverage, brewing utensils should be cleaned with boiling water;
- For tea, use 2-4 grams (1 - 1.5 teaspoons) in a tea kettle 250-300 ml;
- Do not use boiling water - the water should be heated to 80 - 90 degrees;
- The first fill should last only a few seconds and the water must be drained - so wash the tea leaves;
- The next brew should last no more than 30-60 seconds;
- With each subsequent brewing increase the time by 5 - 10 seconds.
By this way, the tea can be brewed up to 3-6 times.
We strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the unique taste of Dongting Bilochun tea. Its exquisite taste will impress even the most demanding and discerning connoisseur of tea beverages.
Enjoy your tea! Tea Village Team